Harrington & Richardson Flare Gun Shares Barrel with Webley

WWIwatcher
User

Harrington & Richardson Flare Gun Shares Barrel with Webley

Post by WWIwatcher »

Hello.

Has anyone here got an example of a Harrington & Richardson flare gun that I saw in a long since closed estate auction. The H&R has a long, slender, all-wooden stock, more similar to a typical shotgun stock than to that used on a Webley No.1 Mk. I, however, from the limited photos I could view, the barrel for this H&R is exactly the same piece used on the Webley No.1 Mk. I.

Does anyone here own one? I'll try to find the auction again and dig up a photo.
signalman
User

Re: Harrington & Richardson Flare Gun Shares Barrel with Web

Post by signalman »

Hello, Yes, I have several different variations. One straight USA, The other a British Proofed Lend Lease Contract. Both are in Great condition. Both are available at the right price.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
AlanD
User

Post by AlanD »

I have got one which is profusely British ordnance marked. These are from a WW1 contract for 3,000 pieces ordered direct through H&R in the USA. The British contract pistols will have a serial number of 1 to 3,000. They have a steel butt plate. Quire a few are around with a pink colored recoil pad, if it is a British contract pistol and has one of these pink recoil pads it will be a later addition.

Regards

AlanD
Sydney
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, I disagree, H&R was hard pressed to produce these pistols, and I believe most of them came off commercial production lines, and speed of delivery was a major priority.

H&R shoulder stocked flare guns had a number of variations of butt plates by different makers. Both during and after the British contract.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !

Return to “Webley and Scott Number 1 Mark 1”