Rare SLd FW.Heym SUHL Flaregun

Mark
User

Rare SLd FW.Heym SUHL Flaregun

Post by Mark »

This manufacturer is virtually unknown for the model SLd pistols. Very few are documented as likely the first of the aluminum variations of the SLd.

Westthüringischer Werkzeug production or EEU produced the bulk of production. Production was less than 300 made for the German Navy and they are at the bottom of the ocean in my opinion :)

My photos are not the usual quality since the studio is not set up. This one is serial number 39.

Enjoy!

Mark

P.S. Please correct me if the number produced is not correct since there is virtually no data on these rare pistols.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BrunoH
Beheerder

Re: Rare SLd FW.Heym SUHL Flaregun

Post by BrunoH »

Thanks Mark..
:o
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

They are very rare, but I have seen a few. I think Signalman is selling one now, or has sold one very recently. Yours is a very nice Piece! Wish it was mine ;-)

Best, Bergler
Mark
User

Post by Mark »

That would be the same gun :)
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

The company F.W. Heym was commissioned to switch the SLd pistol to duralumin in 1943. Heym, however, had no capacity for serial production. Thus only a series of 350 SLD - pistols were made from aluminum, all of which are equipped with an unencrypted manufacturer's specification. In 1944, the delivery consortium of Werkzeug- u. Metallwarenfabriken GmbH in Schmalkalden (eeu) took over the production of the pistols developed by Heym.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark
User

Post by Mark »

Good info and a very nice looking gun!
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Mark wrote:That would be the same gun :)
Oh....what a coincidence ;-)

Very nice Piece!

Return to “Leuchtpistole Sld”