my new "twins"

bergler
User

my new "twins"

Post by bergler »

I got my second AM last week, after waiting nearly a year for it. The Menz is one of my all time favourites, I really like the craftsmanship, the polished steel parts in combination with the brass parts. Really excellent LP Ls, very good pre-war manufacturing.
Both my Menz are same year (are there other years known, or only 1937?), and only a few Ser# apart! Both with nice early Luftwaffen acceptance.
Somehow funny, but it seems that if you are lucky enough to get a Menz it is often in very nice condition.
Hope you like them as I do ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Re: my new "twins"

Post by bergler »

more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

last
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, From some old literature I received from the late Christensen, and I believe published in the first volume of Gun Collectors Digest, there were other dates. 1938 for sure. I have not seen those other dates yet.

I did get the Unnumbered Prototype from the Jeffry Sturgess Collection. Plus I also have 2 dated 1937.

Menz is a favorite of mine also, as I love the little high quality semi-auto pistols they also manufactured.

Good Collecting
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I just dug mine out of storage. One of my 1937's has the Finnish Army acceptance proof SA in a box, stamped to the left of the Menz mark. It is serial # 1947, My other 1937 is serial number is # 3034.

Note, the "7" in the date is very weak on all 4 examples, which was probably a flaw in the die.

The unserialized Prototype is undated.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
gunnertwo
User

Post by gunnertwo »

Both are gems! Very nice, thanks for the share.

G2
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

signalman wrote:I just dug mine out of storage. One of my 1937's has the Finnish Army acceptance proof SA in a box, stamped to the left of the Menz mark. It is serial # 1947, My other 1937 is serial number is # 3034.

Note, the "7" in the date is very weak on all 4 examples, which was probably a flaw in the die.

The unserialized Prototype is undated.
Hi Signalman

I have seen your prototype in another thread, and it is one of those Pieces that make me somehow speachless. What a superb Piece! Here is th elink to it, I hope you do not mind....

http://flaregunforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... menz#p2116
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Bergler,
Thank you for sharing, those a most excellent indeed! Very nice. :)
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I am always willing to share information and posts. Sometimes it takes me a long time to dig out an item, however. Glad you added the link.

Return to “Leuchtpistole L "Fliegerleuchtpistole"”