Reizstoffpistole d. dt. Polizei/Tear Gas Pistol

JoeW
User

Reizstoffpistole d. dt. Polizei/Tear Gas Pistol

Post by JoeW »

After the unification of the German police in 1936, the police determined the need for a tear gas gun. Stocks of surplus Hebel style flare pistols were converted at police arsenals to fire tear gas shells of various types. The modification included the addition of bore sleeve, sights and forestock for the shooting of tear gas cartridges. The cartridge casing was the same diameter of standard German flare pistols, 26.5mm, but it contained a tear gas round launched through the slightly smaller bore diameter. The sights and fore stock assisted accuracy. The oversized holsters were authorized for production in 1938.The last photo shows the barrel lining. There have been reports of attempted faking of these seldom seen Reizstoffpistolen by the addition of sight and a fore stock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Re: Reizstoffpistole d. dt. Polizei/Tear Gas Pistol

Post by bergler »

Hi Joe,
this is a very nice example. One question......does anybody know the market price for a tear gas pistol? I got offered one recently and don´t know if I should pay the price (approx. 1000 Eur, which I find quite high)...
JoeW
User

Post by JoeW »

I paid that price eight years ago. How many Reizstoffpistolen do you see compared to Leuchtpistolen? Few if any. But beware of the Hebel models that have recently been changed to Reizstoffpistol.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I just put one of these up for sale on the forum. It is a version that was made without a forestock. Of course it has the sights and barrel sleeve Plus the RARE holster.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !

Return to “Teargas flare guns”