So far - flare guns used by Finland in WW2

Alpino
User

So far - flare guns used by Finland in WW2

Post by Alpino »

Hello from Montana!
just re-joined the site after drifting off a few years ago... three bhoys playing hockey, soccer, football & hunting will do that! I collect US firearms & Finnish WW2 firearms as well. In the past couple years I have found some of the most common flare pistols to the Suomen maavoimat in WW2. I became addicted to Finnish firearms, back in the late 1980s, when Centuray Arms would let you climb through their stacks of Finnish rifles! I was out east competing in XC & biathlon racing. Since then...

I am wondering [and this is the place] what types of flare pistols the Finns used? As with their handguns, many types! to say the least. Also where they acquired their flares? I think some were manufactured in Finland. And lastly, with captured Soviet "signaling pistols" merkinantopistooli what type of holsters, to fit my OSP-30 below.

I hope not too many questions! But below is my German WW1 Hebel, French WW1 M1917, US Sedgley [Finn marked] and my most recent a Soviet OSP-30. The later had dents in the barrel & muzzle I remidied by greasing a 3/4" socket, and slowly tapped it through the barrel, which totally removed the dents, & some of the corrosion, a ten minute job.

Will return with a few tidbits about Italian flareguns.

well, they machinery will not allow me to load the Soviet flare gun
and some older posted photos will not come up... any idea why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Alpino on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Alpino
User

Re: So far - flare guns used by Finland in WW2

Post by Alpino »

Here is the Soviet one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Here is a Krieghoff, fzs code, 1941 with Finnish proofs that I have for sale on my list.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is my August Menz, 1937 dated Finnish flaregun. Also for sale on my list of Luftwaffe flare pistols.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I also have a Heer model that I will dig out soon with the (SA) marking, and I have an LP-42 and a Hebel that I also have to dig out both with " (SA) Lj " marking, The Lj is rarely seen on Finnish marked flare pistols.

Alpino
User

Post by Alpino »

Thank you for the offers Signalman! Some fantastic pieces.
Will have to save up.

Was hoping for information on Finnish flare guns & flares, etc

Am enjoying wandering through this site,
instead of doing work I'm supposed to do!

Return to “Show your flare gun collections”