Czech VZ44 were they all post war?

billybibbet
User

Czech VZ44 were they all post war?

Post by billybibbet »

Found one on Ebay claimed to be WW2 with German inspection marks, could this be possible?
signalman
User

Re: Czech VZ44 were they all post war?

Post by signalman »

Not to my knowledge, do you have pictures, or a link to see photo's ? ?
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

signalman wrote:Not to my knowledge, do you have pictures, or a link to see photo's ? ?
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/775383385
Was previously listed on Ebay, but the listing was removed by Ebay...now on Gunbroker.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Yes, This is a postwar Czech pistol with Fake German Proofs. Production began on these around 1952 according to an advanced Czech collector. The "German" die for the proof can be purchased online on any number of sites. It is a well known fake.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Thank you Signalman. That was my suspicion. The seller is a very nice guy and had acquired it many years ago, and wasn't positive of the authenticity, but felt it looked legitimate based on what information he could find online (which we all know is very limited). I have been sharing with him what I know, but wanted some additional expert opinions to share. I will give him the link to this thread.
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

That Vz44 on gunbroker, while an early model with phosphate finish and wooden grip panels, is the second variation with the reinforcing band around muzzle. The earliest Vz44s do not have the reinforcing band. It also has the crossed swords of post-war Czech military acceptance. Bottom line, as signalman pointed out, the Nazi markings are fake.

Return to “Russian and other communist block countries' flare guns”