Model L by Ecko, early "S" code and wood grips

billybibbet
User

Model L by Ecko, early "S" code and wood grips

Post by billybibbet »

Some of you may have seen this for sale last week on Gunbroker. Manufactured by Ecko. Serial number 438. During a cursory inspection, I found matching serial numbers on the barrel, inside each grip panel, and on the extractor lever after removing the barrel (needed to remove barrel as the extractor was not working, due to the extractor lever being installed incorrectly (fixed and functional extractor now). Crown over a B and crown over a U on the barrels. Does anyone know what the "S" letter marking is below the "Ecko" and eagle stamp? Also, can anyone tell me the likely year of manufacture?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by billybibbet on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 19:52, edited 2 times in total.
billybibbet
User

Re: Model L by Ecko, early wood grips

Post by billybibbet »

More
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: Model L by Ecko, early wood grips

Post by signalman »

Hello,

Great pick up. That is a rare flare pistol. The "S" is, I believe, a date code for 1935.

Similar to the Mauser date code of "K" and "G" dates found on lugers for 1934, and 1935.

I have owned two S code examples, # 589 and #648
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
billybibbet
User

Re: Model L by Ecko, early "S" code and wood grips

Post by billybibbet »

Thank you for the information Howard.
Mark
User

Re: Model L by Ecko, early "S" code and wood grips

Post by Mark »

Very nice find in EXCELLENT condition!

Return to “Leuchtpistole L "Fliegerleuchtpistole"”