a partisan LP34

Blade
User

a partisan LP34

Post by Blade »

i would like to share this intresting example of a erma 1940 flare gun that im confident was captured and used by the Yugoslav partisans during the war and was refurbished by the JNA (Yugoslav national army) postwar. i recived it as is, packed with tipical yugo cosmoline, and the owner told me it originates from a yugoslav military depot, but didnt say anything of the history,just sold it as is.
JNA refinished the metal bits, you can tell because they dont have the tipical dark-blue finish and you can see angle grinder marks underneath the finish. but they kept the aluminium and bakelite as it was, i guess they didnt see it as important because it cant rust. on the grip you can see a star scrached on it witch was the symbol of the partisans aswell as what it belive to be a crude british flag on the aluminium near the star, and an attempt was made to remove the swastika eagle on the barrel. i dont think its fireable because the barrel rattles up&down and left&right but its a nice example for display, its missing the bit thats meant to push the extractor out and the plunger with the spring thats meant to keep the barrel pin in place, i'm thinking on having new ones made just so its functional.
i'd like to hear if any of you have camed across yugo refurb flare guns and what are they like? i have had a LP42 that was remodeled by the JNA but it didnt have nearly the battle scars on it like this example does.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blade
User

Re: a partisan LP34

Post by Blade »

more photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sg8498. 13
User

Re: a partisan LP34

Post by Sg8498. 13 »

Hello,
Very nice LP34 full of history.

Return to “Leuchtpistole 34”