Fake Luftwaffe ? SS ? converted flare pistol & Holster

signalman
User

Fake Luftwaffe ? SS ? converted flare pistol & Holster

Post by signalman »

Hello, This is a fake, even with the holster. Rifled barrel, after .45 years of NOT seeing one, this makes the 4th, The first 3 had fake SS markings, this one has fake Luftwaffe proofs.
Amazing what people think up in their spare time.
Good Collecting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Re: Fake Luftwaffe ? SS ? converted flare pistol & Holster

Post by signalman »

Fake markings

Loaded with fake markings on gun and holster. The ones shown are just a few, there are many more

Is this a real holster for a different kind of European gun, or is it one the fakers just made up ??

Found by Dr. E on Gunbroker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
BrunoH
Beheerder

Post by BrunoH »

:shock:

Do you know for which gun the holster has been designed for ?

Regards
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

No, I am not sure if this is a real holster for a postwar pistol, or if it is a fantasy item made by the same folks who converted the flare pistol

BrunoH
Beheerder

Post by BrunoH »

Ok. Thanks
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

I saw that listed last week and had additional concerns (beyond the questionable history of the item) that it would not be legal to own in the USA unless transferred on an ATF Form 4 as an AOW, since it has been converted to a rifled barrel capable of shooting metallic cartridges.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I would assume it would now be considered a C&R pistol. Needing a C&R or FFL license to transfer.

billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

signalman wrote:I would assume it would now be considered a C&R pistol. Needing a C&R or FFL license to transfer.
Unlikely C&R license (type 3 FFL) would cover it. Mainly because it is no longer in it's original configuration: http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearm ... index.html
A standard type 1 FFL might work and transfer it like a regular handgun/pistol. The fact it has been converted to a rifled barrel is where things get sticky from a legal perspective. Without that, no license or paperwork would be required (in the USA).

The other interesting aspect of this LP42 is that assuming it is a fake, whether the seller truly believes it is or not....he started the auction at a very low price, I believe less than $100 with no reserve. He wasn't playing the usual tactic of a starting price of $800 for a "extremely rare variant"... ;)
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Because the frame and receiver are of C&R age, the rifling does not change that. In my opinion ( worth about as much as it costs ) The rifling only affects whether the pistol is a flare gun - which in most area's no license needed for purchase, or a firearm, that requires a C&R or FFL.

Getting an answer from the BATFE over the internet is like pulling teeth - I think they prefer arresting someone rather than answer a question. The best bet I believe is to ask the question in writing with a SASE envelope enclosed. Unfortunately the answer will come long after the auction ends.

billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

I hear you on getting an "official" determination from ATF, and I would want it in writing anyway, just to cover ones self. My concern is ATF no longer considering it a flare pistol, since it is now converted to shooting 9mm pistol cartridges...that moves it to now being a regular "pistol", which would fall under all the usual transfer and licensing requirements? At least that is my train of thought....I cannot say whether I am correct or not in my assumptions.

Return to “Show your flare gun accessories”