Austrian LP57...cold war era?

billybibbet
User

Austrian LP57...cold war era?

Post by billybibbet »

I saw this posted on another forum...top of photo is identified as an Austrian LP57...also molded into the grip, the lower pistol is the common Polish M78.

Does anyone know any details on the operation and features? From the photo, it appears to have a concealed hammer...if so, then is it double action only? Rather than the more common single action operation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Re: Austrian LP57...cold war era?

Post by bergler »

billybibbet wrote:I saw this posted on another forum...top of photo is identified as an Austrian LP57...also molded into the grip, the lower pistol is the common Polish M78.

Does anyone know any details on the operation and features? From the photo, it appears to have a concealed hammer...if so, then is it double action only? Rather than the more common single action operation.
Hi, exactly correct, austrian LP57. Still in use by the austrian army nowadays. Produced in Ferlach/Austria. Similar to LP42, but concealed hammer. Double Action.....I think so, but not at home now. I have a few, and I like them. The early Holsters for them were black, later green. Designed/brought into Service in 1957, and still a modern flare gun.
billybibbet
User

Re: Austrian LP57...cold war era?

Post by billybibbet »

Thank you for the response Martin. I appreciate your comments always.

Return to “Other countries' & unidentified flare guns”