Odd Flare Pistol

Relichunter04
User

Odd Flare Pistol

Post by Relichunter04 »

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum, but do have a small collection of flare pistols from WWII to modern. Recently, I acquired this flare gun and cannot find any information on it.
It is a fixed firing pin, break action piece with a wood handle. Everything is soldered together. It looks like something that has been built in a jungle workshop or hurriedly assembled late during WWII.
Any information would be great!
signalman
User

Re: Odd Flare Pistol

Post by signalman »

Everybody is looking for information on these. They were first believed to be USA, And dropped to partisans in occupied countries during WWll. It looks kind of Russian to me. However, until someone can document it, it is all speckulation.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

Hi Relichunter
This device was manufactured around 1930 for the police in the USSR. It was used as a tear gas projector and as a truncheon. The cartridge is ignited when the barrel is closed. Very venturesome!
Hope this helps
Horst
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello Horst, This is good to hear, none of the USA flare gun collectors I know knew that it was Russian for a fact, Do you have a manual or instruction sheet in Russian Language on these ? ? I have owned quite a few of these over the years, They were common here in the states in the 1970's and 80's, but they have dried up recently. I have not seen but one for sale in the last 3 years.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Relichunter04
User

Post by Relichunter04 »

Thank you very much for the replies. It's very much appreciated!

Return to “Other countries' & unidentified flare guns”