German WWII Police Line Throwing Gun

signalman
User

Re: German WWII Police Line Throwing Gun

Post by signalman »

Tag on the box
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Peter
User

Post by Peter »

Here is my "Comet" example of the same line thrower with two different barrels and its box (although a "Komet" box).

Regards,
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter
User

Post by Peter »

Except from the "Comet" marking, it is identical to the Sander.
It has no KM or WaA markings and the wood seems to be re-painted.

Is it a wartime piece or is it post-war?

(The box was found separately from the line thrower itself)
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, I believe Komet is a postwar co.

There are very few examples of these in the USA. Does anyone know what the contents of the small box would be ? Is the line stored in this box with the pistol and barrels ? Should there be a divider or shelve in the box ?

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Peter
User

Post by Peter »

I looked on the web and found the following on the Comet site:

"Comet was founded in the German city of Bremerhaven in the 1930s, by Friedrich Wilhelm Sander who was a weapons engineer. His early work focused on rocket technology that was used to fire harpoons and the first rocket powered car.
The creation of the brand Comet was the beginning of the company manufacturing fireworks, along with linethrowers and rockets for the marine industry and moving away from various aviation projects. By 1960, Comet was a well known and respected global pyrotechnic company."

I do not know anything about the interior of the boxes.

To be continued...
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is an example of my brass framed model, shown with Aluminum model.
DSC067721.JPG
DSC067731.JPG

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Still having trouble loading more than one photo
DSC067721.JPG

Return to “Line throwers”