Large Collection Flare Guns For Sale now listed

signalman
User

Large Collection Flare Guns For Sale now listed

Post by signalman »

The below link is for an auction going on now and ending in early March that has 99 flare guns and some holsters and accessories from my collection. It is my 2nd auction with this Company. Some very rare flare guns will be included. Civil War, Double barrel Luftwaffe, 6 shot USAAF, etc. etc.

https://centurionauctions.hibid.com/cat ... -sporting/

You have seen examples of my collection on flare gun forum. Bid with confidence.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Re: Large Collection Flare Guns For Sale now listed

Post by signalman »

In early on line bidding this Auction of flare guns have many that are way under priced, or not priced at all. Live Auction is on the 10th of March, only 5 days away.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

Howard - were those your flare guns in the Centurian auction today?
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

yes, those were some of mine.

964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

How did you do? I lost all 4 that I bid on!
ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

signalman
I bought Lot 75174 W&S 1.5" No3 Mk1 with safety via a dealer who was also successful with bids.
An expensive process to import with fees etc and the price doubles when landed.
I ask how to ID it as a W&S when it is not marked with a maker.? Did only W&S make this model ? Cheers. Ron.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Webley was the only manufacturer of this pistol, and the serial number is in the correct range. Not sure why they did not put their Name on the pistol.

hotto
User

Post by hotto »

Hi Ron,

this is a No 3 Mk 1*. This pistol was introduced in 1942, the difference to the No 3 Mk 1 was the safety on the left side. Obviously this is a very early production, because the new type designation (with star) is not yet stamped. Molins Machine & Co was commissioned by Webley & Scott with the production. There was no other manufacturer for the No 3 Mk 1*.

Best regards
Horst
ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

I thank you both for this information. I have not seen No3 Mk1* on a pistol before. Makes sense for a modification.
Note that mine is dated 1941 Serial No.79297 so before 1942.

Return to “Buy and sell flare guns”