Japanese WWII Line Thrower

signalman
User

Japanese WWII Line Thrower

Post by signalman »

I only know of 2 of these ( plus 1 other I heard about ).

Japanese Line Throwers are Very Rare.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
SlickRick
User

Re: Japanese WWII Line Thrower

Post by SlickRick »

Very interesting. Especially the unique trigger.

Rick
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Yes, and the short leather tab is attached to the striker. You pull it backwards to cock the gun.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
breakeyp
User

Post by breakeyp »

I am aware that a Japanese collector book says that this is a line thrower but I believe it to be a flare projector. The design does not support the recoil obtained by the launching the line and projecticle.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, I do not have the book.

Does it have a photo of the projectile or projectiles that it can shoot ??

Some line throwers are quite small as the projectile may be small, or rocket assisted as in the case of the Schermuly's.

breakeyp
User

Post by breakeyp »

The pistol was pictured in one of the books published by Banzai publications. There was no picture of cartridges as I remember. I did not buy the book as is not in my area of interest.

I understand re: rocket launched munitions but doubt that Japan was using them in WWIIl.

I have a Japanese Navy line thrower based on the Martini action and fitted with an iron buttstock to bring the weight of the piece up to a point where the recoil can be handled. It also came with a small harpoon for frest fish.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

If the line thrower was owned by Jerry Price, that is the one I own now. If not, I am curious who owned it, and is it one of the 3 I know of.

Return to “Line throwers”