STANDARD BARREL Leuchtpistole Model 26 Variations and Dates

signalman
User

STANDARD BARREL Leuchtpistole Model 26 Variations and Dates

Post by signalman »

These are some of my Standard Barrel Leuchtpistole Model 26 Variations and dates.

Note the smaller Trigger Guard on the model 26's

Serial # 2648

The first is my earliest serial Number Model 26. Note, there are many Model 26's to be found without Serial Numbers. These can have both early, or late characteristics.

Frame and Barrel are steel, as are the long barrels. It has Crown BUS 4 proofs and has eagle 114 ( early Walther ? ) and eagle 6 ( Simpson rework ) proofs.

Grips are Factory wood checked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Re: STANDARD BARREL Leuchtpistole Model 26 Variations and Da

Post by signalman »

Serial # NONE

NO serial Number Model 26. Note, there are many Model 26's to be found without Serial Numbers. These can have both early, or late characteristics.

Frame and Barrel are steel, as are the long barrels. It has Crown BUS 4 proofs and has eagle 114 ( early Walther ? ) proof.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Serial # NONE

NO serial Number Model 26. Note, there are many Model 26's to be found without Serial Numbers. These can have both early, or late characteristics.

Frame and Barrel are steel, as are the long barrels. It has Crown BUS 4 proofs and has eagle 114 ( early Walther ? ) proof.

Grips are Late war Erfurt Plastic, Large frame screw is ayf ( Erma-Erfurt ) replacement. This pistol was obviously reworked and reissued by Erma Late in the war.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

serial Number #11,880 Model 26.

Frame and Barrel are steel, It has Crown BUS 4 proofs

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

serial Number #15,372 Model 26.

Frame and Barrel are steel, In addition to the Walther Address and Banner, It has the N4002 requisition number. It also has Crown BUS 4 proofs.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

LUFTWAFFE PROOFED, serial Number #18,610 Model 26.

Frame and Barrel are steel, In addition to the Walther Address and Banner, It has the N4002 requisition number and has the 36 ( proofed 1936 ) Eagle 2 Luftwaffe Proof. It also has Crown BUS 4 proofs.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

LUFTWAFFE PROOFED, serial Number #22598 Large Trigger guard,

Is it a Model 26 ? or is it now considered a 1934, or a transitional model.

Frame and Barrel are steel, In addition to the Walther Address and Banner, It has the N4002 requisition number and 1937 date added, Eagle 2 Luftwaffe Proof. It also has Crown BUS 4 proofs.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

POLICE PROOFED, serial Number #19,203 Model 26.

Frame and Barrel are steel, In addition to the Walther Address and Banner, It has the Starburst K Police Proof. It also has Crown BUS 4 proofs.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Next I have a Consecutive numbered pair of Luftwaffe Flare Guns in Aluminum, and with the Large trigger guard. I am including them with the Model 26's, because they are still in the Walther Commercial Serial Numbers, without the " L " suffix.

I think Walther probably added the " L " suffix to indicate the 1934 style pistol in the commercial series, but of course there was a large transitional period, with overlaps in production, and possibly special orders asking for the new or old styles. My earliest Walther "L" suffix pistol is numbered 22,917 L. It is aluminum, My highest numbered steel Walther without an "L" suffix is # 23025, and my highest serial number walther without an "L" suffix is #27,236 and it is aluminum.

Serial numbers on this consecutive numbered pair are # 24,179 & 24,178

Walther address and banner, N4002 and 1937 added, Luftwaffe Eagle / 2 Proofs

Aluminum Frame and Barrel, Black Plastic Grips,

flare gun
User

Post by flare gun »

Hello Signalman is it possible that an shorted lp26 has bakeliet grips?

Return to “Other & unidentified German flare guns”