Very rare austrian Hebel - Manufacturer "Ferlach"

bergler
User

Very rare austrian Hebel - Manufacturer "Ferlach"

Post by bergler »

This Hebel arrived last week. I was looking for this Hebel for at leat 2 years now. It is made like most/all austrian Hebel with one single bolt for the barrel. It has a "Wn15" proof mark with the imperial eagle between WN and 15. Wn stands for Wiener Neustadt which is a city near Vienna and where the guns were aproved at this time. 15 stands of course for 1915. Above it is the Serial number 2600. And above this, in rounded writing, is the manufactuere "Ferlach". Ferlach is in fact a small town in the south of austria which is quite famous for excellent gunmaking. There used to be a few dozend of maufacturers for hunting and military rifles and other equipment. In fact, the more modern LP57 of Austria is made in Ferlach. Nowadays, the gunmaking business there has nearly ceased.
The stamping on this gun is on the plate, not near the main bolt. There are 2 other Hebel "Ferlach" known. As for the imperial Austrian Hebels, there are the following 5 (4) manufacturers known:
1) AZF
2) WHF
3) Steyr - Logo
4) Steyr - in writing
5) Ferlach

AZF and WHF were made in the Arsenal in Vienna. They are not rare. Steyr logo is quite rare. Steyr in writing and Ferlach are very rare.

If there are some nice examples to see, pls add some pics!
bergler
User

Re: Very rare austrian Hebel - Manufacturer "Ferlach"

Post by bergler »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

That is a new one that I have not seen before. I have a Steyr, with logo. but not the other Steyr
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

My Steyr marked Hebels
DSC105450.JPG
DSC105452.JPG

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

My other Steyr - as you can see they are 1938 production so used most likely in WWII
DSC105455.JPG
DSC105457.JPG

Peter
User

Post by Peter »

Very nice!
I never realized that Hebels were still manufactured that late.

Thanks for posting!
Best regards,
Peter
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

The austrian "HV" acceptance means "Heeresverwaltung" and does not mean it was produced in 1938. There are Hebels from WW1 with acceptance from i.e. 1915, and another acceptance of the austian army between the wars, then "HV" and year of "commissioning.

But I think those Steyr Logo Hebels were really made that late......

Return to “Leuchtpistole Hebel”