austrian Hebel with unknown markings!

bergler
User

austrian Hebel with unknown markings!

Post by bergler »

I recently bought this Hebel, with Austrian Mannufacturer “W.H.F. EA XI” , which is Waffen-Haupt-Fabrik, Erzeugungs-Abteilung 11. It has a few regimental markings on the left side. So far nothing special. But if you look closer at the acceptance stamp “W.n. 18” (which stands for Wiener Neustadt 1918)…..the eagle between Wn and 18 is very different from the normal imperial Austrian eagle! I have never seen an acceptance like this before. For comparison I add a “normal” acceptance from Wn 1917, and this is what a standard Austrian acceptance during WW1 looks like.
Furthermore, the flare gun has a Czech acceptance as well, S eagle 10. I am quite sure this flare gun has been used by the Czech army after WW1, but how is it possible it has a Czech acceptance from 1910? This is in all details Austrian built, but has a Czech acceptance dated BEFORE the Austrian acceptance? No idea how this is possible.

If you have any idea or knowledge about both stamps, pls let me know. I would really like to know more. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Re: austrian Hebel with unknown markings!

Post by bergler »

more....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

last....for comparison, from another austrian Hebel. The eagle is quite different!
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is one of my Austrian Hebels from 1938.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

The Austrian 1918 marking depicts 2 or 3 shields or coat of arms I believe. Not of an eagle.

It is a normal proof for the W-n 1918 Austrian.

here is an example of one of mine

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is another unusual Austrian proof with 2 eagles, yet only one date

bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Signalman,
this is very good information, thanks! The austrian proof before 1918 is the double eagle, and 1918 it seems to be the austrian- hungarian shields. Very nice examples you show here. I would be interested in the 1938 hebel manufacutrer...can you show this if possible? mabe the whole gun? I guess it is a Steyr Logo?
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

The 4th post pictures the 1938. That is all the markings. I assume it is a Steyr, but would need conformation.

Return to “Leuchtpistole Hebel”