Molins No 4 Mk 1*

vinver
User

Molins No 4 Mk 1*

Post by vinver »

Hello collectors,
I'm a new member to the forum because of this particular flare gun, found in a local small ad for $25 Canadian. :P I am a member of a local WW2 Living history group and it will be a great addition to my kit. From what I've found, it is a Molins No 4 Mk 1* (has the safety button, has MM ?? 43 in a circle on the trigger and the top slide button). So I've found it was part of aircraft signaling equipment, but my question is, what cartridges would it use? I have a friend who says he has a bunch of brass cartridge bases, and I intend to make some dummy cartridges, for display, but need a clear photo of what they look like. If anybody has a clear photo, it would be a great help, thanks! Vincent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
964AWACS
User

Re: Molins No 4 Mk 1*

Post by 964AWACS »

Vincent--
First, welcome to the forum!

Second, you got a great deal on your No. 4 Mk 1*! I would say that in the states your flare pistol would be valued at about $200-300, depending on condition.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of its specific "ammo" is very limited. It shoots a 37mm flare, of which my only WWII examples are US M11 parachute flares. These are in an aluminum shell and mine are over 7 1/2 inches long. Hopefully, one of the many more knowledgeable collectors here will add something soon about the Commonwealth equivalent.

Good luck!
--Rob

Return to “Molins Number 4 Mark 1”