Sturmpistole Front Sight

AR-50A1
User

Sturmpistole Front Sight

Post by AR-50A1 »

Good Evening,

I recently purchases an ayf42 Z pistol from a gentleman in the Netherlands and today I received a front sight assembly from a gentleman in France.

The flare pistol is an honest, well used, often fired example. No issues. The front sight assembly for a Sturm piston is another matter.

I am fully aware that there are Sturmpistole front sights and shoulder stock assembly reproductions being sold as originals. As one noted collector stated: he was glad to find a well made Sturmpistole repro because of the high cost of an original.

I am not going to state where I purchased my front sight from so as not to predetermine its originality. It arrived well packed in a very timely manner. It appears to be well made and does not appear to have been made in someone's garage. It has been painted with a tan colored paint and, from what I have researched, could mark this unit as a repro.

Any comments are asked for and welcomed. Even if this unit turns out to be a repro the 'cool factor' will be worth what I paid for it when displayed with an honest Z pistol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: Sturmpistole Front Sight

Post by signalman »

Sorry to inform you, Folding front sight is fake. Z pistol looks OK from the photo.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

Hi Howard,

Thanks for taking a look. It will look good in a display.

The Z pistol came from Thomas Bemelmans in the Netherlands. It is an honest-to-God Z pistol. Took it out to the range last week and it shoots flares just fine.

Thanks again for your time and trouble.

Bill
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

Here are some additional pictures:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

More photos
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

More photos
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

One more

Return to “Leuchtpistole S "Sturmpistole"”