ojr war time or post war

signalman
User

Re: ojr war time or post war

Post by signalman »

Simpson Ltd also has one with no Luft mark for sale on his site.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Kometa
User

Post by Kometa »

Mark wrote:I LOVE this forum!

I have not posted in a while but was just about to ask the SAME QUESTION!

Just bought the EXACT gun from Gunbroker serial number 32003 !

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =506513320

It is missing the LW acceptance and thought of it as an upgrade to my ojr LW accepted gun when I bid on it! I didn't notice this from the poor photos from the seller.

http://p38guns.com/29297.htm

When I received the pistol today it is 100% mint and no LW stamp so I suppose I won't be selling the one that is LW accepted.

Do any of the experts have a serial range for the non LW accepted pistols?

Question to Anton ... does the lever for right and left work properly in your gun? Mine doesn't stay in place but works if I hold it in place.

Mark

Hi Mark !
Thank's for ask. You absolutely right. Level free move and stay on L or R position if I moved theme.

What do you think ? This is broken ? How I can fix it ?
Best Anton
Mark
User

Post by Mark »

I don't know how to fix it. The last few may have not been accepted by the Luftwaffe because of this defect?
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Mark wrote:I don't know how to fix it. The last few may have not been accepted by the Luftwaffe because of this defect?
No, I do not think it has anything to do...acceptance and selector moving freely. In fact, this is seen more often. When you open the side plate ttere is a Little Lever, attached with a Little screw that you see in the left upper Corner when you look at the LP L from the backside. This Lever has a notch that holds the selctor in place L or R and gives this clear indication o. This is broken or missing or out of place. No big deal, but do be careful if you intend to open it. The screws are delicate, their heads.
Kometa
User

Post by Kometa »

Here is few shots of flare gun inside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kometa
User

Post by Kometa »

And when this part broken, level moved free. On photo part after fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Kometa wrote:And when this part broken, level moved free. On photo part after fix.
Exactly that is it. This part is sometimes missing or broken (can be welded) or come loose. No big deal, but one has to be careful.

Return to “Leuchtpistole L "Fliegerleuchtpistole"”