Unknow German ww2 flare gun

militairia
User

Unknow German ww2 flare gun

Post by militairia »

Last week i was handed over this flare gun from a guy in my hometown. The only thin he could tel me that flare gun was left behind in march 1945 in his home when the germans where retreating.
In the handle the wordt NARWA is curved out.
Any information is welcome!
Thanks for reading!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Re: Unknow German ww2 flare gun

Post by bergler »

Hi, I think this is a field made flare gun. Narwa is a river in Russia I think, right? Where was it found?
Willi
User

Post by Willi »

I have a period photo of this type of flare gun being handled by a German. I just can't remember which book it is in?
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Willi wrote:I have a period photo of this type of flare gun being handled by a German. I just can't remember which book it is in?
That would be great to see this!

I have all sorty of books for flare guns, but have not seen a Foto of this, so it must be another book.....
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

That is very interesting. I also have a Narwa, It was said in some early literature I own to have been Japanese. It always looked like it would have been European or Russian to me. I would love to see the photo you have showing a German Soldier with one.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Willi
User

Post by Willi »

I'll look for it. It is a German weapons NCO, looks like he is loading it. When I find it I'll see if I can get the old camera working. Then try to download etc. My computer is very old and sometimes has a mind of it's own. Stay tuned.
Willi
User

Post by Willi »

OK, I found the book. It is part of the Osprey Men at Arms series. The German Army 1939-45 (2)
North Africa & Balkans. The photo is on page 55. It sure looks like the piece in question. Now I'll work on getting the pic posted here. May be a while.

Return to “Other & unidentified German flare guns”