German 1914 ST&B brass navy flare gun

Peter
User

German 1914 ST&B brass navy flare gun

Post by Peter »

Fellow collectors,

This is a German WW1 navy flare gun I acquired recently.
Made by Stantien & Becker in 1914 with imperial navy acceptance stamp and s/n 1099.

I did not see it on the forum yet and do not know too much about this type.
If you have any remarks or information regarding this piece, please post your comments.

Thanks!
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: German 1914 ST&B brass navy flare gun

Post by signalman »

I have a similar example with the Navy proof on the bottom front of the frame, not on the Butt of the grip.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, I have a very nice WWI example I am selling. $ 550.00 Postpaid in USA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Photo of the Butt - ST&B Manufactures mark Dated 1915 ( I think ), serial # 7765 and unusual internal proof under barrel. O is most likely an assembly number.

Return to “Other & unidentified German flare guns”